1. When people get in fights, someone gets up and crosses the room and turns their back to the person they're fighting with, then just stands there. I beg you to do this next time you're fighting with someone. You will look berserk.
2. Women wear beige pantsuits when they are just hanging around their houses in the middle of the day. In all the years I freelanced, I never once said, "Oh! I think I'll just pull on my beige pantsuit!"
3. When people are making out and they get interrupted, once they are done being interrupted, someone always says, "Now. Where were we?"
4. Someone is always a lawyer, and their loved one must refer to their occupation in conversation. If they want to talk to them, they'll say "May I approach the bench?" or "That was a fine closing argument, counselor, but IT WON'T BRING OUR SON BACK!" (get up and cross the room).
5. Even though everyone has successful careers, they always have plenty of time to stand around in their absolutely pristine houses during the daytime, staring out their windows.
6. There is always the line where someone answers a question, "Yes! No! …I don't know."
7. Even though these movies are often supposed to be taking place in cities like Portland or Boston, they all look suspiciously like LA or Vancouver.